2009-08-10 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC - Technical Steering Committee

Monday, August 10, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Daylight Time, GMT -5)
To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466#
GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206 

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas



  • Chair: Charlie McCay
  • CTO: John Quinn
  • Domain Experts: Austin Kreisler (primary), Ed Tripp (alternate)
  • Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
  • Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
  • Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
  • Affiliate: Ravi Natarajan
  • ARB: Charlie Mead (primary), John Koisch (alternate)
  • Ad-Hoc: Jim Case
  • HQ: Lynn Laakso


  • Charles Jaffe (CEO)
  • Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Bob Dolin (HL7 Vice Chair)
  • Marc Koehn (EA IP)
  • Karen Van Hentenryck (HQ)


  • Calvin Beebe


Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call -
  2. Accept Agenda -
  3. Approve Minutes from 2009-08-03 TSC Call Minutes
  4. Review action items
    • Action Item from 2009-08-03 TSC Call Minutes: McCay to contact Patient Care and find out when they intend to attend, and ask them to bring a proposal for making the DCM activity more visible, and how they’d like to see the consistency issues addressed.

(20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals

  1. CEO Report -
  2. CTO Report -
  3. ArB Report -
  4. Affiliates Report -
  5. Domain Experts -
    • Patient Care invited to discuss broader issues of clinical implementation guides
    • ANSI standard approaching 5-year anniversary: HL7 Version 3 Standard: Notifiable Condition Report, R1: TSC Tracker 1100
    • For TSC awareness - ANSI reaffirmation ballot: Despite the fact that ANSI reviewed and approved our procedures, they will not approve the reaffirmation of the Annotated ECG because there is one outstanding negative and they want that to be re-circulated and the negative voter advised of his right to appeal. So, we need to schedule an “emergency” re-circulation ballot. The GOM needs to be changed and that committee has already been apprised.
  6. Foundation & Technology - Nothing to report.
  7. Structure & Semantic Design - nothing to report
  8. Technical & Support Services -

(30 min) Discussion topics

TSC Tracker 999: TSC Product Visibility Project

  • Next Steps:
    1. Request the TSC approve HL7 Wiki Draft Product List in order to send the Product Brief templates to the appropriate work groups to fill out.
    2. Send out Product Brief template to all steward/custodian Work Groups to fill in
    3. Publish Product List
  • See task list on Project Insight for details
  • Also inviting feedback on draft matrix on domains.

Open Issues List

  • Closing issue due to lack of traction - TSC Tracker 1001: TSC Large Customer Partnerships Project Proposal
  • TSC Tracker 1082:provide a structure and format guideline for three year plans to the WGs, now tied to PS WG project to clean up Project Insight. See Pilot project report example
    • Project Services requested enhancement to web site planned for December release - add to each Work Group web page, a tab for "Projects" that will provide the filtered view for that Work Group's projects, which will include their three-year plan items from Project Insight.
  • PSS at TSC Tracker 998: TSC Project Visibility Proposal
  • PSSat TSC Tracker 997: TSC Work Group Visibility project proposal

Future Agenda item list

Click for TSC Action Item List