2018-07-30 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-07-30
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick Regrets Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Clinical Infrastructure Administrative Organizational Support
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler Regrets Andy Stechishin
Regrets Floyd Eisenberg . Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-07-23 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. MK to provide any updates on how and where to publish the Attachments Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Living Document
    2. Austin to research where to document guidance on time limits for withdrawing negatives
  3. Approval Items from previous weeks referred for discussion:
    1. Steering Division Change Request by the Arden Syntax WG of the Infrastructure SD at TSC Tracker 17471
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Review/Comment on Draft Steering Division DMP at TSC Tracker 17547
      • Referred by ARB: Change all WG to SD. IMHO: no proxy for SD votes. Allowed changes are 7 - Electronic Voting (particularly items c, d and e). There is NO 7 d). IMHO:existing c) and e) should be minimum requirements. Allowing shorter time frames is problematic for gaining consensus 8: Proxy should not be allowed for SD.
      • Referred by CSD: Needs Discussion
      • Referred by OSSD
    2. Initial Review of the 2018Sep Ballot Items
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5-0-0 with ARB, Jean, John, OSSD, and CSD voting:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the MnM WG of the ISD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Core Principles and Properties of V3 Models at Project Insight 1152 and TSC Tracker 17544
    2. Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the CSD for "FHIR Implementation Guide for Data Exchange for Quality Measures at Project Insight 1429 and [TSC Tracker 17545
    3. STU Publication Request by the CQI WG of the CSD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Clinical Quality Language (CQL)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF) - Release 1, US Realm STU 3 at Project Insight 1142 and [TSC Tracker 17546
    4. Review/Comment on PBS Metric Guidance for SD Cochairs at TSC Tracker 17548
    5. Review/Comment on ARB Definition of External Content
  6. Approval items for this week:
    1. Review/Approve Mission and Charter Template for Steering Divisions
    2. Review/Approve DMP for Steering Divisions
    3. Project Approval Request from the BR&R WG for Common Data Model Harmonization for Research - FHIR Implementation Guide at Project Insight 1424 and [TSC Tracker 17582
    4. Review/Approval of 2018Sep Ballot items
  7. Discussion topics:
    1. Report out from the Board retreat
    2. Comments on PBS Metrics Guidance for SD Cochairs
    3. Expectations for upcoming FHIR ballot
    4. 2018Sep Ballot Items
  8. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Withdrawal template/state model
    2. What do we do with the help desk?
    3. Scoping the content of the FHIR ballots
    4. Time limits for withdrawing negatives
    5. Definition of external content
    6. Balloted vs. non-balloted feedback in FHIR
    7. WG Health task force
    8. Vocabulary tooling (from SGB)
    9. Leadership succession planning (from SGB)
    10. From SGB: Redirecting ballot comments
    11. Look into ways to integrate new projects into HL7 including resource requirements - MK
    12. Define organizational function of bringing external projects in – Paul
    13. Look at ways to determine if projects coming in are HL7-appropriate projects from a resource and scope standpoint - ARB to comment if our current process is comprehensive
    14. Interest/User Groups
    15. Substantive change/management group responsibilities

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • Freida here to answer any questions on the updated PBS Metrics Guidance for SD Cochairs
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • No additions
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-07-23 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes approved via general consent
    4. Any comments on PBS Metrics Guidance for SD Cochairs?
      • MOTION to approve: Ken/Melva
      • VOTE: All in favor
  2. Review action items
    1. MK to provide any updates on how and where to publish the Attachments Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Living Document
      • Final requirements have been received and will be sent to Wayne and Karen for review. Will figure out what’s going on from there.
    2. Austin to research where to document guidance on time limits for withdrawing negatives
      • Carry forward
  3. Approval Items from previous weeks referred for discussion:
    1. Steering Division Change Request by the Arden Syntax WG of the Infrastructure SD at TSC Tracker 17471
      • Deferred to this week because we lacked representation from the Clinical SD. Ken proposed that we discuss at the face-to-face. Melva is okay with that as long as we have the conversation of all WGs and what is their appropriate SD as there are others that are perhaps in the wrong place. Need to clearly define the steering divisions. Austin believes CDS and Arden should be one WG because of their heavy overlap, or each needs to re-write their M&C to more clearly define why they are different. Decision to discuss further in Baltimore as part of the discussion of the larger issue.
      • MOTION to table this issue until Baltimore: Ken/Jean
      • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Austin to contact Robert Jenders regarding the status
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Review/Comment on Draft Steering Division DMP at TSC Tracker 17547
      • Referred by ARB: Change all WG to SD. IMHO: no proxy for SD votes. Allowed changes are 7 - Electronic Voting (particularly items c, d and e). There is NO 7 d). IMHO:existing c) and e) should be minimum requirements. Allowing shorter time frames is problematic for gaining consensus 8: Proxy should not be allowed for SD.
      • Referred by CSD: Needs Discussion
      • Referred by OSSD
        • WG is defined at the top as including more types of groups. Discussion over proxies. Ken also believes they should be removed. Sandy notes that the default is being updated to remove proxies. Section 8 would be removed for SDs. Tony states that the minimums of 3 days discussion and 1 week of vote should not be alterable. Melva notes that f (90% quorum) will be problematic to meet for Clinical SD. Melva suggests quorum should be 51%.
        • Melva asks about her draft of SD mission and charters.
          • ACTION: Anne to check on e-vote comments
          • ACTION: Melva to update this DMP document and send to Anne, who will put out the M&C and the DMP documents back out to e-vote
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Report out from the Board retreat
      • Extensive discussion around SWOTs submitted. TSC was discussed first and good discussion was had. There may be adjustments to the strategic plan as a result. A vote was taken to state that each of the components of the strategic plan are of equal importance, to avoid the appearance that FHIR is more important than the other standards. Another motion was that the board:
        • “Direct the TSC and CTO and provide resources as needed to develop a plan for a streamlined, agile, essential portfolio of standards by November, 2018.” The intent of the Board in making this motion is two-fold 1) to cover all artifacts under the term ‘standards’; and 2) to look at reducing the number of artifacts. Discussion over what this means. Support will be provided. Discussion over what comprises an artifact. Does include implementation guides. This may involve restricting new projects as well. Melva: It’s really to make sure that what we’re doing is essential. Need to figure out a system for prioritizing the work we’re doing. Wayne: This whole thing started with a SWOT weakness of how difficult it is to navigate HL7 for new people. Wes Rishel talked about the standards that nobody uses that people shouldn’t have to wade through to get to the standards everyone should use. Tony: HQ could give us a synopsis of the downloads. Karen already agreed to work on that.
    2. Expectations for upcoming FHIR ballot
      • Carry forward until Paul is present
    3. 2018Sep Ballot Items
      • Tony doesn’t feel any of the names need to be changed.
      • Tony questions use of Google doc. Anne explains issue with Confluence. MK can’t open Google docs.
        • ACTION: Anne to put clean items (no pending approvals, reconciliations, or alternate names requested) and send out for e-vote for approval, and then put name change items in a separate e-vote item for name consideration. (Send MK the items in excel)
  6. Adjourned at 12:01 PM Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.