2018-04-30 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-04-30
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable Regrets Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler Regrets Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel x Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Laura Heerman Langford . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-04-23 TSC Call Agenda
    4. Meeting next week?
  2. Review action items
    1. Ken to reach out to HQ to determine if cochair meeting facilitator training issues should be a Monday evening topic
    2. Ken to amend TSC DMP document and send to Anne for inclusion in e-vote
      • Document located here
    3. Steering Divisions to look at their Mission and Charters and make updates in Cologne
  3. Approval items from previous weeks carried forward:
    1. Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the Clinical SD for Common Clinical Registry Framework: Core Data Elements for Registry Interoperability at Project Insight 1391 and TSC Tracker 15953
      • Seth Blumenthal will attend to answer questions.
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 6-0-0 with OSSD,ISD, Giorgio, Jean, ARB, and John voting:
    1. Review/Approval of Updated Specification Withdrawal Template at TSC Tracker 16014
    2. Review/Approval of Updated Publication Request Template at TSC Tracker 16013
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Review/comment on JIRA PSS Workflow Requirements
    2. Project Approval Request by the Pharmacy WG of the CSD for MedicationKnowledge and Medication Logical Model - FHIR at Project Insight 1409 and TSC Tracker 16234
    3. Review/approval of revised generic product family Mission and Charter at TSC Tracker 16235
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Handling balloted vs. non-balloted feedback on FHIR
    2. Further comments on JIRA balloting, testing, and communication plan
    3. Further discussion:
      • MOTION to discontinue board reports; items that need to be referred to the board should be sent to the CTO for inclusion in the CTO's board report: Ken/Wayne
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-04-23 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
    4. Meeting next week?
      • Melva, Lorraine, Paul, Sandy out. Decision to cancel the call.
  2. Review action items
    1. Ken to reach out to HQ to determine if cochair meeting facilitator training issues should be a Monday evening topic
      • Carry forward
    2. Ken to amend TSC DMP document and send to Anne for inclusion in e-vote
      • Document located here
        • ACTION: Anne to send to e-vote this week
    3. Steering Divisions to look at their Mission and Charters and make updates in Cologne
  3. Approval items from previous weeks carried forward:
    1. Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the Clinical SD for Common Clinical Registry Framework: Core Data Elements for Registry Interoperability at Project Insight 1391 and TSC Tracker 15953
      • Seth Blumenthal will attend to answer questions.
        • Question was that many elements overlap with other work groups, and how is this different than QI Core? Laura doesn’t know enough about QI Core to answer the second question. Floyd explains further and Laura states that they might not be that different. Perhaps once we know and understand these data elements we should compare. Need a sense of what’s common across registries. Laura’s impression is that this is an analysis model for registries to look at to say this is how you could commonly define things to be more interoperable. Austin: So this is about driving consensus among the registries, rather than at HL7. Laura agrees.
          • MOTION to approve: John/Melva
          • Melva: I would like to see clarification in the project scope about what exactly it is and put in what will be done and what won’t, and what next steps are for phase 2 of the project.
          • AMENDED MOTION to approve pending discussed updates to the project
          • VOTE: All in favor
          • Laura will send updated PSS to Melva and Floyd for review
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. MedicationKnowledge and Medication Logical Model PSS
    2. Revised generic product family Mission and Charter
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Handling balloted vs. non-balloted feedback on FHIR
      • Cochairs received an email with policy regarding reconciliation for the current FHIR ballot. It gave the appearance that non-member comments in tracker would be given the same weight as member comments in the ballot. This de-values membership. Jean notes that this has been the case previously, but Lorraine notes that this is the first Normative content being balloted. Discussion over how this has worked previously. Paul: This extends the ballot indefinitely until completion of resolution. In FHIR, once you get to Normative, there is little opportunity for change as it’s expected to be completely mature once it’s in normative ballot, so this problem actually creeps back into the STU ballots as well. Jean: So then for normative ballots, they don’t have to consider non-ballot comments, and the freeze date is close of ballot? Austin states that the things that go to the quality of the content – technical errors, mistakes – that are raised after ballot close have always been considered by the WG. Paul: Perhaps they don’t consider comments after the close of ballot unless they indicate errata. Wayne: There’s a clear definition between ballot votes and general comments. Austin: Regardless of source, if after ballot closes someone identifies an error, we want to listen to that. Jean: Need to have more priority to balloted comments. Non-balloted comments can be considered, and any resulting substantive change forces a new ballot. Lorraine: This email implies you don’t need to vote, you just need to make comments. Wayne: What’s missing in the email is the vote. Voters can say no and commenters can’t. A negative vote on a normative ballot is a big deal.
        • Austin and Wayne to work on revised language for Lloyd’s email
    2. Further comments on JIRA balloting, testing, and communication plan
      • Lorraine states that the training plan looks reasonable, but organizationally there are details we need to work out for rollout. Austin: Testing is missing from the document. From TSC perspective, we need to figure out how to manage testing. Lorraine: We need a more clear description of what it’s intended to do. Ken has been putting together some test planning. Wayne: We also need a communications plan, which Wayne is working on. Also need a greater degree of project management for the entire thing, which Wayne is also looking at securing.
        • ACTION: Ken and Wayne will report back on test planning, communications plan, and project management.
        • ACTION: Anne to add to Cologne agenda (Saturday)
    3. Further discussion:
      • MOTION to discontinue board reports from Organizational Support Steering Division; items that need to be referred to the board should be sent to the CTO for inclusion in the CTO's board report: Ken/Wayne
        • AMENDED MOTION to discontinue mandatory board reports from the Organizational Support Steering Division; items that need to be referred to the board should be sent to the CTO for inclusion in the CTO's board report: Ken/Wayne
        • VOTE: All in favor
  6. Adjourned at 12:00 pm Eastern
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.