2018-03-26 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2018-03-26
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Austin Kreisler x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x John Roberts, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Ken McCaslin
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm x Austin Kreisler x Andy Stechishin
x Floyd Eisenberg x Paul Knapp x Mary Kay McDaniel Regrets Sandra Stuart
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Calvin Beebe (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-03-19 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to follow up with Da Vinci to request a formal communication/coordination plan that extends throughout HL7
  3. Approval items from previous weeks with follow-up:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Orthodontic Attachment Implementation Guide, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1402 and TSC Tracker 15762
      • Need clarification on SNODENT and licensing/use of the value sets
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. 2018May ballot spreadsheet review/approval
      • Will be reviewed in discussion topics
    2. Project Approval Request by the Conformance WG of the FTSD for Creating and Managing Data Type Flavors in HL7 v2.x Specifications at Project Insight 1397 and TSC Tracker 15804
      • Referred by DESD: Should we require Vocabulary involvement since the PSS deals with value set metadata (and perhaps US Realm since many value sets used in V2 are derived specifically for US public health)?
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. Unballoted STU Update publication request from the Public Health WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting, Release 1.1 STU Release" at Project Insight 1208 and TSC Tracker 15836
    2. Informative Publication Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 Domain Analysis Model: THEMES (Terminology Harmonization in Exercise Medicine and Exercise Science) Framework, Release 1 at Project Insight 1246 and TSC Tracker 15835
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Review of outstanding ballot issues
      • FHIR Path/CQL: Can a child of an STU become normative?
    2. RDAM - Steve Hufnagel
  7. Carry forward:
    1. Review of Lloyd's JIRA balloting testing and communication plan - Lloyd McKenzie
    2. Review of Ken's edited DMP document - Ken McCaslin
  8. Open Issues List/Parking Lot

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2018-03-19 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent.
  2. Review action items
    1. Wayne to follow up with Da Vinci to request a formal communication/coordination plan that extends throughout HL7
      • SOU has been approved.
        • ACTION: Anne to forward TSC questions to Wayne so he can forward them.
  3. Approval items from previous weeks with follow-up:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Orthodontic Attachment Implementation Guide, Release 1 – US Realm at Project Insight 1402 and TSC Tracker 15762
      • Need clarification on SNODENT and licensing/use of the value sets
        • Covered by our SOU with the American Dental Association. PSS will include specific language.
          • MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Melva
          • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. 2018May ballot spreadsheet review/approval
      • Will be reviewed in discussion topics
    2. Project Approval Request by the Conformance WG of the FTSD for Creating and Managing Data Type Flavors in HL7 v2.x Specifications at Project Insight 1397 and TSC Tracker 15804
      • Referred by DESD: Should we require Vocabulary involvement since the PSS deals with value set metadata (and perhaps US Realm since many value sets used in V2 are derived specifically for US public health)?
        • Paul notes this covers data types, not codes. This is about naming those different types of structures so we can reduce the diversity and increase reuse. Lorraine: This is like a profile on a datatype for specific uses in V2. Is not US Realm specific.
          • MOTION to approve: Paul/John
          • VOTE: All in favor
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Review of outstanding ballot issues
        • 1310: Still haven't received copyright agreement from CDISC
        • 1363: No US Realm in the title. Amended title to include.
        • 1397: Issues resolved
        • 1345: Recon incomplete. Even though it was comment only, they need to post by Monday. Also nothing posted for the FHIR comment ballot.
          • ACTION: Mary Kay to communicate to the WG that they need to post the spreadsheet. No need to resolve, just consider. Those that aren't resolved should be marked "considered"
        • Discussion over FHIR comment ballot from January - they also have not posted a reconciliation for it. Melva notes they still have 136 items in triage status.
          • Melva contacted Lloyd to let him know it's a requirement to post that reconciliation.
        • 773: Reconciliation has been posted.
        • 1052: Revised title drops US Realm.
        • 891: Name is FHIR R4: Content Area, Release 1. Melva asks about each WG voting approval to go to ballot. Lorraine notes we recommended it as a best practice. Paul describes the process with the production ready flag in QA spreadsheet.
      • FHIR Path/CQL: Can a child of an STU become normative?
        • ITS examined the two documents to see which one is a subset or superset; CQL is a superset of FHIRPath, therefore, FHIRPath could be normative while CQL is at a lesser level. Tony withdraws objection.
          • MOTION to approve all items on the spreadsheet to go to ballot with listed names other than 1310, 1345, 891 (all five pieces): Andy/Tony
          • VOTE: All in favor
    2. RDAM - Steve Hufnagel
      • Investigative RDAM PSS
      • Technical RDAM PSS
        • Lorraine notes that there are a number of projects arising that are overarching architectures.
        • Carry forward
      • Mary Kay asks about DMP approval process. Melva notes cochairs approve if changes have been made and then it gets passed on to Anne.
  6. Carry forward:
    1. Review of Lloyd's JIRA balloting testing and communication plan - Lloyd McKenzie
    2. Review of Ken's edited DMP document - Ken McCaslin
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Easy access to relevant information - add to Cologne agenda
    2. Ensuring IG consistency - sent to ARB
    3. Review FHIR artifact governance process - referred to SGB
    4. Revised Da Vinci PSS and Powerpoint
      • US Realm didn't approve it yet because they wanted TSC feedback. Will consider if/when an updated PSS returns to TSC
    5. Using the NIB as normative notification instead of PSS
    6. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    7. How management groups document, enforce, and manage the precepts regarding inter-WG participation in artifact creation
    8. Management groups must establish in writing a refinement of examples that adhere to the definition of substantive change that apply to their product family. Must monitor, audit, and measure conformance to the definition of substantive change
    9. Managing unresponsive parties in PSS approval process
    10. Co-chair meeting facilitator training issues
    11. Interest/User Groups
    12. GOM updates
      • Including STU extensions
    13. Introducing external projects
    14. Communicating HTA coordination process to WGs
    15. FHIR issues
    16. RDAM - planned for next week

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2018 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.