2018-01-30 TSC WGM Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Tuesday meeting for New Orleans WGM

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: Jackson - 3rd Floor

Date:2018-01-30
Time: 12:30 PM
Facilitator: Wayne Kubick Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Attendee Name Affiliation
? Calvin Beebe HL7 Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
x Giorgio Cangioli HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Lorraine Constable HL7 ARB Co-Chair
x Jean Duteau HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Floyd Eisenberg HL7 DESD Co-chair
? Russ Hamm HL7 FTSD Co-chair
? Stan Huff HL7 Immediate Past Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
? Chuck Jaffe HL7 CEO (member ex officio w/o vote)
x Tony Julian HL7 ARB Co-Chair
x Paul Knapp HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Regrets Austin Kreisler TSC Chair, SSD-SD Co-chair
x Wayne Kubick HL7 CTO (TSC member ex officio w/vote)
x Ken McCaslin Adhoc Member
x Mary Kay McDaniel SSD-SD Co-chair
? John Roberts Adhoc Member - GOM Expert
x Anne Wizauer(scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ
x Melva Peters HL7 DESD Co-Chair
? Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Sandra Stuart HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Keith Boone
x Brian Pech
x AbdulMalik Shakir
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)

Tuesday lunch

  1. (January) Review TSC Mission and Charter
  2. (January) Review TSC Decision Making Practices
  3. Da Vinci Update
    • Introducing external projects
  4. Recommending new members to SGB

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

Giorgio, Melva, Tony, Sandy, Paul, Mary Kay, Floyd, Jean, Wayne, Lorraine, Ken, AMS

  1. (January) Review TSC Mission and Charter
    • Reviewed. Should get the vision consistent with the current board approved vision and objectives.
      • MOTION to postpone working through the M&C until after the WGs and SDs have done their work towards essentialism: Ken/Floyd
        • ACTION: Add homework to review and then complete edits in May.
  2. (January) Review TSC Decision Making Practices
    • ACTION: Ken will update the template for review on future call/evote
  3. Da Vinci Update
    • There will be an SOU, likely before the May WGM. Discussion over the status of PSS review. Has had initial review by US Realm and TSC. Keith Boone asks for clarification on the project and Mary Kay describes the background. TSC is putting together a list of questions and concerns for Da Vinci to address. The PSS is basically to inform HL7 of their planned work and the overarching relationships.
    • Initial Questions/Comments:
      • Need a communication plan to the TSC with periodic updates
      • If we have somebody on their board, how does that work?
      • Will there be a program plan?
        • Keith Boone notes that the process has lacked transparency.
    • Introducing external projects
      • Carry forward
  4. Followup from steering divisions
    • Melva reports that it was a non-issue at DESD. Healthcare Devices wasn’t happy about their proposed move and has forwarded their comments to Ken/Wayne for review. MK reports that EHR did not agree with their placement since they believe they align with Clinical as opposed to Administrative. Arden and CDS want to stay in the same place/not split up. Devices feels they should stay in clinical. Question on why CQI is in clinical when it should be administrative? People are going by the name of the division rather than the mission and charter. OO suggested a fifth steering division that is semantic. Some pointed out that distribution still isn’t even. Paul reports it was a non-issue in FTSD. Sandy reports that T3SD (organizational support) had the most comments from Education. They don’t care if they are advisory or a WG; they want to provide service and backup to education staff. HSI isn’t sure they’re going to maintain. International Mentoring will go wherever they can be effective. Wayne: Could get away with logically grouping steering divisions, or add more words in titles if we need to more fully describe focus.
  5. Adding new SGB members due to dissolution of FGB
    • MOTION to endorse adding Ewout Kramer and Grahame Grieve to SGB: Lorraine/MK
      • Melva notes it is odd since Grahame is product director. He would be serving on SGB as a member, not a product director.
      • AMENDED MOTION to endorse adding Ewout Kramer and holding off on Grahame until further discussion.
      • VOTE: All in favor
  6. Potential of new meeting with SGB, TSC, management groups
    • Paul notes that SGB has proposed having a joint meeting early in the week with TSC, SGB, ARB, PLA, and the cochairs of the management groups to address mgmt/governance issues at the beginning of the week. Could be Monday Q0 or Monday lunch.
      • ACTION to schedule meeting.
  7. Adjourned at 1:40 pm
Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.