2017-12-18 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
. Melva Peters . Russ Hamm . Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
x Floyd Eisenberg, Co-chair Elect . x Mary Kay McDaniel, Co-chair Elect .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . Steve Hufnagel . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-12-11 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Ken will contact Karen to determine if the SOU with OASIS covers joint copyright for OASIS HAVE project
    2. Lorraine to draft language around the application of changes before re-balloting content after Austin's edits to Essential Requirements are complete.
    3. EST to review expired STUs not appearing on STU page as they do on the main standards grid.
    4. Review Austin's edits to section 2.14 of the Essential Requirements on 2018-01-08 call
  3. Ballot items with followup:
    1. OASIS HAVE PSS - needs PSS approval
      • MOTION to approve the PSS and for the item to go to ballot: Austin
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5-0-0 with SSD-SD, Giorgio, Freida, T3SD, and DESD voting:
    1. Revised Project Approval request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD for Reaffirmation of HL7 Version 3 Standard: Care Provision Care Record Topic, Release 1 at Project Insight 1356 and TSC Tracker 14186
    2. Normative Notification by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for Decision Support Service, Release 2 at Project Insight 1015 and TSC Tracker 14311
    3. Normative Notification by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for Virtual Medical Record for Clinical Decision Support (vMR-CDS) Logical Model, Release 2 at Project Insight 1017 and TSC Tracker 14310
    4. STU Extension Request by the Templates WG of the FTSD for HL7 Templates Standard: Specification and Use of Reusable Information Constraint Templates, Release 1 at Project Insight 1043 and TSC Tracker 14304
  5. Approval items for this week:
    1. TBD
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Final approval of GOM Updates
    2. RDAM Project - Steve Hufnagel
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Updates to DMP documents
    2. Review wording of reconciliation instructions for comment ballots
    3. January Agenda:
      • ARB GOM change
      • Review of new Standards Withdrawal Process pilot
      • STU Extensions
      • Precept Implementation Strategy (from SGB)
      • Facilitator training issues
      • Essentialism

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-12-11 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes accepted via general consent
  2. Review action items
    1. Ken will contact Karen to determine if the SOU with OASIS covers joint copyright for OASIS HAVE project
      • Karen feels that the way that the SOU was documented has a section that covers copyright, so it does cover the joint copyright for the OASIS project.
    2. Lorraine to draft language around the application of changes before re-balloting content after Austin's edits to Essential Requirements are complete.
    3. EST to review expired STUs not appearing on STU page as they do on the main standards grid.
    4. Review Austin's edits to section 2.14 of the Essential Requirements on 2018-01-08 call
  3. Ballot items with followup:
    1. OASIS HAVE PSS - needs PSS approval
      • MOTION to approve the PSS and for the item to go to ballot: John/Sandy
      • VOTE: All in favor
        • Discussion over late approvals before ballot. No SGB precept covering this. Used to occasionally have projects go to ballot before PSS approved, but we did stop that. Discussion over adding requirements for approval windows, especially as we move to electronic PSS.
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Final approval of GOM Updates
      • Ken relays to Sandy as PIC representative re: the DMP addendum issue. It's not correct that the TSC will approve all deviations. Only want to approve deviations from the standardized section.
      • ARB would like to see the language simplified in the electronic voting item. Should remove middle sentence about members who register on-site. Discussion over the phrase "voting representatives of current organizational or Affiliate members." Could change to "all current individual member, Affiliate members, and the designated voting representatives of current organizational members." Decision to go ahead with the updates and then discuss further in
        • MOTION that the proposed changes to DMP section be submitted to PIC: Tony/Sandy
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • MOTION to accept Tony's changes to the e-vote item: Tony/Sandy
        • VOTE: All in favor
          • Further discussion on e-vote item tabled until New Orleans.
        • MOTION to approve the other GOM items: Austin/Freida
        • VOTE: All in favor
    2. Reviewed topics for New Orleans. Need to talk about naming conventions to accommodate FHIR Release 4 - our current conventions would have us calling it Release 1. Also add the future of the HSI WG. Lorraine asks about priorities with technical infrastructure and a roadmap?
      • Add discussion over New Orleans agenda to 2017-01-08
    3. Ken notes that it is his last meeting as Chair of the TSC. He appreciates the time and effort all have put in and has enjoyed leading the group.
    4. RDAM Project - Steve Hufnagel
      • Steve introduces topic. Aims to integrate CLIM with the EHR System Functional Model. Proposed under CIC, with most of the work being done within EHR and CIMI WGs. Not proposing changes to any existing CDA or C-CDA but identifying inconsistencies where WGs could go through the UTG to harmonize those things. Taking system functions and associating with health care tasks the portions of the logical model that would be used and mapping for inconsistencies. Wayne: The naming of the project makes it sound so global and far-reaching that it gives an indication that it will affect everything we do. It should also be US Realm because of the FHIM. Steve: It's 99.9% universal. Want to secure International participation and is working through International council. Lorraine would welcome international participation but disputes 99.9% universal. Austin: It should be marked US Realm until you have clear international participation. Paul: Is this anything more than a mapping exercise to the FHIM? Steve: We are building tooling in both WGs, working with Wayne to use the Sparks EA cloud so that WGs can use this as a starting point to build their DAMs. Lorraine: Does this imply that HL7 becomes the custodian of the FHIM? Steve: No, it will continue to be maintained by the federal government with coordination through CIMI. Might become part of the CLIM. Austin: If the federal government retains control over the FHIM, what happens if HL7 balloters want to see changes to the FHIM? Steve: Government is willing to give the FHIM to HL7 but they worry about how it will be maintained. Ongoing discussions where people are trying to sort out the best approach. CIMI would like to see the FHIM as part of an HL7 ballot.
        • ACTION: Add to 2017-01-08 call
    5. Ken thanks John and Calvin for their service as steering division chairs, which will end this month. Ken thanks Freida for all of her hard work as well. John will be replacing Freida as GOM expert.
    6. Upcoming meetings
      • 12/25 and 1/1 cancelled


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.