2017-10-23 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-10-23
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler Regrets Sandra Stuart
x Floyd Eisenberg, Co-chair Elect . x Mary Kay McDaniel, Co-chair Elect .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Hans Buitendijk . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-10-16 TSC Call Agenda
      • Verify item 3.3
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin to draft communication to WGs giving them clarification and instructions on how to handle ballot reconciliation using the language currently in the GOM and HL7 ER
    2. Publication request template
      • Freida to forward discrepancy between 13.02.07 and 13.02.07.02 to the GOC for review
        • Freida is working on this with the GOC; has submitted the change request which is now under discussion
      • Anne to make suggested updates to the template and bring back to TSC for review on 2017-10-23
        • Draft may be viewed here
    3. Anne to post a link to January minutes regarding Withdrawal process
      • Link to minutes available here
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the BR&R WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Structured Product Labeling Release 8 at Project Insight 1314 and TSC Tracker 14039
      • Referred by T3SD: Does not list when materials were sent to HQ
        • Update: Lynn confirms that materials were sent on 2017-10-15
      • Referred by Freida: Needs date/URL of WG approval minutes, date on which final material was sent to HQ, and response to if substantive changes were made since last ballot. They also probably need to at least update the existing product brief re: what changed in the last ballot.
    2. STU Publication Extension Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Quality Data Model (QDM)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1, US Realm, STU Release 1.4 at Project Insight 756 and TSC Tracker 14046
      • Referred by T3SD: This is requesting a 24 month extension rather than 12.
    3. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the DESD for Reaffirmation of HL7 V3 Standard: Immunization Messaging, Release 1 at Project Insight 1358 and TSC Tracker 14047
      • Referred by T3SD: Needs a publishing facilitator
        • Update from Anne: Lynn reports that a publishing facilitator is not necessary for reaffirmations, although I do not see that noted anywhere in the PSS instructions.
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5/0/0 with Giorgio, Jean, Freida, DESD, and T3SD voting:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Pharmacy WG of the DESD for Reaffirmation of HL7 V3 Medication Statement and Administration Event, R1 at Project Insight 1353 and TSC Tracker 14040
    2. Review/Approval of Proposed 2018 PSS Section 6.d Project Approval Dates at TSC Tracker 14048
  5. Approval items for this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. Review of requested GOM changes for the next update cycle (Freida/Hans)
    2. Joint publication with WEDI containing unballoted HL7 content
      • MOTION to refer this issue to the EC with comments from the TSC: Tony
    3. Recommendation to appoint Linda Michaelsen and Andrew Statler to CDAMG
    4. Review of Withdrawal Process
      • Withdrawal form here
    5. Product Life Cycle Management Strategy from SGB - Paul/Austin
    6. Revised SGB Mission and Charter and boilerplate Mission and Charter - Paul/Austin
    7. Essentialism
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
      • Paul would like to get a status on FHIR registry requirements
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-10-16 TSC Call Agenda
      • Verify item 3.3
        • Ken verifies. Minutes accepted via general consent.
  2. Review action items
    1. Austin to draft communication to WGs giving them clarification and instructions on how to handle ballot reconciliation using the language currently in the GOM and HL7 ER
      • Add to next week
    2. Publication request template
      • Freida to forward discrepancy between 13.02.07 and 13.02.07.02 to the GOC for review
        • Freida is working on this with the GOC; has submitted the change request which is now under discussion
      • Anne to make suggested updates to the template and bring back to TSC for review on 2017-10-23
        • Draft may be viewed here
          • ACTION: Anne to make sure that the GOM reference on extensions is correct
          • MOTION to approve: Paul/Austin
          • VOTE: All in favor
    3. Anne to post a link to January minutes regarding Withdrawal process
      • Link to minutes available here
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    1. Normative Publication Request by the BR&R WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Structured Product Labeling Release 8 at Project Insight 1314 and TSC Tracker 14039
      • Referred by T3SD: Does not list when materials were sent to HQ
        • Update: Lynn confirms that materials were sent on 2017-10-15
      • Referred by Freida: Needs date/URL of WG approval minutes, date on which final material was sent to HQ, and response to if substantive changes were made since last ballot. They also probably need to at least update the existing product brief re: what changed in the last ballot.
        • Anne to resend request copying Melva and John
    2. STU Publication Extension Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Quality Data Model (QDM)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1, US Realm, STU Release 1.4 at Project Insight 756 and TSC Tracker 14046
      • Referred by T3SD: This is requesting a 24 month extension rather than 12.
        • This is fine based on GOM updates; publication request template will be updated soon.
        • MOTION to approve: Andy/Melva
        • VOTE: All in favor
    3. Project Approval Request by the Public Health WG of the DESD for Reaffirmation of HL7 V3 Standard: Immunization Messaging, Release 1 at Project Insight 1358 and TSC Tracker 14047
      • Referred by T3SD: Needs a publishing facilitator
        • Update from Anne: Lynn reports that a publishing facilitator is not necessary for reaffirmations, although I do not see that noted anywhere in the PSS instructions.
        • Group agrees that one should be identified for any potential problems.
          • MOTION to accept, but send a note to Publishing to ask them to consider this issue an make a recommendation going forward; then let Freida know if it needs to be changed on the PSS: Andy/Tony
          • VOTE: All in favor
  4. Discussion topics:
    1. Review of requested GOM changes for the next update cycle (Freida/Hans)
      • Hans is here to discuss. There are changes regarding contract work process update, electronic ballot processing pilot (elections), common DMP, voting process for Board of directors (when to use reply all), participation by non-members in a user group (limitations to encourage joining), trial use language regarding length of STUs and extensions. TSC extension can be up to 5 years, but is that from the original publication date or the end of the STU? Need to remove the ambiguity. The EC can effectively extend the trial period for many years thereafter - is that the intent? The last part is the reason for extending the trial period, especially if later versions of the standard are available. Stems from the fact that some documents are referenced in government regulation. Calvin: When we talk about trial period being closed, what does that do to an STU today? Freida: When they expire, you have to go to a separate place to access them and you can't make comments anymore. Calvin: That is a terrible thing for documents cited in regulation. Hans: Needs to be conversation with ONC - it's one thing if the trial period stops, but if there's a new version you want comments on that. Calvin: When things get cited, they aren't normative but the industry treats them as so. Comments must be open and errata processed. Hans suggests decoupling STU period from ability to accept comments.
      • Hans to join next week to discuss further.
        • ACTION: Wayne to determine what the ONC needs in terms of trial period being open or not
    2. Joint publication with WEDI containing unballoted HL7 content
      • Attachments WG trying to publish a white paper with WEDI with HL7 name on it without TSC approval of the project or informative ballot. Melva notes that there have been ongoing issues with the WG. Paul: Should we address the process issues on our side and let the EC deal with copyright? Discussion over what parts of the process were completed - PSS went to US Realm, which told them to take it to informative ballot, but no activity or approvals after that. Mary Kay notes that the MOUs between HL7 and X12 and HL7 and WEDI are very different.
        • MOTION to refer this issue to the EC with comments from the TSC: Tony/Melva
        • VOTE: All in favor
    3. Recommendation to appoint Linda Michaelsen and Andrew Statler to CDAMG
      • MOTION to appoint them to the CDAMG: Wayne/Andy
      • VOTE: All in favor
    4. Review of Withdrawal Process
      • Withdrawal form here
        • No mention on the form on how to collect comments.
          • ACTION: Group to review for next week
    5. Product Life Cycle Management Strategy from SGB - Paul/Austin
      • Add to next week
    6. Revised SGB Mission and Charter and boilerplate Mission and Charter - Paul/Austin
      • Add to next week
    7. FHIR Registry Requirements
      • Paul states we've been waiting for two years to get the requirements - how to manage the entry of stuff to get into the registry. Wayne notes there is a prototype registry on FHIR.org. Bob Dieterle put it together under an ONC project with a gap analysis done by Lloyd. Wayne will send an update to the TSC. RFP covered requirements and prototyping.
    8. Essentialism
      • Add to next week
  5. Adjourned at 12:07 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.