2017-10-02 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-10-02
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Austin Kreisler . Sandra Stuart
. . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote x Lloyd McKenzie . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso
x Mary Kay McDaniel, SSD-SD co-chair elect vote . . . obs3 .
. Floyd Eisenberg, DESD co-chair elect vote . . . obs4 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-09-25 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Anne to invite Publishing and Grahame and/or Lloyd to come to TSC to discuss FHIR naming issue at 2017-10-02 meeting
    2. Paul will send updated process for PSS review to Project Services
    3. Anne to post Calvin's ballot level change powerpoint slide to the TSC Resource page
    4. Anne to add CIMI Product Family Management Group Mission and Charter to next week’s e-vote
    5. All to send John examples of issues with external standards/material developed outside of HL7 coming in for balloting.
    6. Austin to draft communication to WGs giving them clarification and instructions on how to handle ballot reconciliation using the language currently in the GOM
    7. Steering Divisions: process Mission and Charter updates
    8. Ken to upload new slide with proposed structure to gforge
  3. Approval items from last week referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for Podiatry Profile of EHR-S Functional Model V 2.01 at Project Insight 1352 and TSC Tracker 13961
      • Referred by ARB:
        • 3.c Security Risks: production of executables is unknown. Does this indicates that they don’t know or are unsure of their tooling?
        • 3.k External vocabularies is unknown. Do they actually specify terminology or value sets?
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD for Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guidance for Medical Device Data Sharing with Enterprise Health Systems at Project Insight 1309 and TSC Tracker 13927 (revised)
    2. STU Extension Request by the CBCC WG of the DESD for HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2: Conveying Provenance Data, Release 1 (HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2: Data Provenance, Release 1 at Project Insight 1093 and TSC Tracker 13993 for 12 months.
    3. Review and approval of CIMI Management Group Mission and Charter at TSC Tracker 13994
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. FHIR naming issue - Calvin, Lynn, Lloyd
    2. Essentialism
    3. VMR extensions
      • MOTION to approve 24 month extensions on vMR items: Tony
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    2. Architecture and Tooling

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
    1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    2. Agenda review and approval -
    3. Approve Minutes of 2017-09-25 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    1. Anne to invite Publishing and Grahame and/or Lloyd to come to TSC to discuss FHIR naming issue at 2017-10-02 meeting
    2. Paul will send updated process for PSS review to Project Services
      • Freida updated PSS.
        • ACTION: Anne to send out to e-vote this week.
    3. Anne to post Calvin's ballot level change powerpoint slide to the TSC Resource page
    4. Anne to add CIMI Product Family Management Group Mission and Charter to next week’s e-vote
    5. All to send John examples of issues with external standards/material developed outside of HL7 coming in for balloting.
    6. Austin to draft communication to WGs giving them clarification and instructions on how to handle ballot reconciliation using the language currently in the GOM
      • Add for next week
    7. Steering Divisions: process Mission and Charter updates
      • On hold
    8. Ken to upload new slide with proposed structure to gforge
  3. Approval items from last week referred for discussion:
    1. Project Approval Request by the EHR WG of the SSD-SD for Podiatry Profile of EHR-S Functional Model V 2.01 at Project Insight 1352 and TSC Tracker 13961
      • Referred by ARB:
        • 3.c Security Risks: production of executables is unknown. Does this indicates that they don’t know or are unsure of their tooling?
        • 3.k External vocabularies is unknown. Do they actually specify terminology or value sets?
          • ACTION: Austin/Calvin to take this issue back to WG
  4. Approval items from previous weeks referred for discussion with new updates:
    1. Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD for Cross-Paradigm Implementation Guidance for Medical Device Data Sharing with Enterprise Health Systems at Project Insight 1309 and TSC Tracker 13927
  5. Approval items for this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    1. FHIR naming issue - Calvin, Lynn, Lloyd
      • Reviewed Calvin's slides - issue is nesting effect for standards that are derived from other derived standards. Could list somewhere within the standard. FHIR is a prime example of this issue and doesn't publish the same way as the other standards. Lloyd: it's not where we put it, as much as how we communicate multiple releases of different things in a way that makes sense to people. In terms of displaying within the spec, we would indicate in the first or second paragraph what it is based on. In some cases there could be multiple IGs and we would list them out. When you have multiple releases and you end up with R3 being based on R4, that's confusing. The question is whether we can come up with a mechanism that preserves differentiation between the release of the core specification that defines the schema as opposed to the guides that are built on top. Perhaps we reserve the release for the core specification and version is reserved for IGs or something like that. Lorraine: Is there a way to use another word with Release on the IGs? Wayne: And sometimes version is part of the product family name, and sometimes it refers to an artifact. Austin: The metadata has to be included. Release number is what we've historically told ANSI. Versioning applied to the individual artifacts that are part of a release. Lorraine: There are always dependencies. Lloyd: So TSC doesn't have a specific proposal or preference but isn't opposed to hearing options. Wayne: A third level term that might be helpful is "revision." Calvin: Need to keep in mind that when we start doing errata, it adds another issue. Use dot numbering for STU.
        • Lloyd will take the issue back to FMG for discussion, keeping in mind this affects FHIR, CDA, and functional models (and eventually CIMI).
    2. Essentialism
      • Reviewed draft from Melva and Ken. Discussion over where ARB fits, as well as PIC and Project Services. Discussion over functional vs. organizational support name - group agrees on organizational support. Reviewed and analyzed groupings and WG placement. Wayne notes that groups can be moved as they evolve as necessary. Discussion over interest groups and balloting; they would have to ballot through an appropriate WG.
        • ACTION: Ken asks TSC members to review the document in the gforge drive and make comments for review next week.
        • ACTION: Ken to report back on Board discussion regarding education initiatives
      • Architecture slides from Tony
    3. VMR extensions
      • MOTION to approve 24 month extensions on vMR items: Tony/Andy
      • VOTE: All in favor
  7. Adjourned at 11:02 am Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.