2017-08-21 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-08-21
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian Regrets Jean Duteau regrets Freida Hall, GOM Expert
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp Austin Kreisler Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 regrets Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 x Lynn Laakso


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
  2. Review action items
    1. Paul to update process for order of PSS review with suggestions from 2017-08-07 call
    2. Ken to send final Mission and Charter Review Checklist to steering divisions for use in review process
      • Anne to set up a private place on Gforge where people can post.
        • Private area to upload M&Cs is located here. SD cochairs can make a tracker item and upload checklists into the tracker.
    3. Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin
    4. Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue
    5. Austin to report back on ballot reconciliation sync project by September WGM
    6. Calvin to resubmit powerpoint on ballot level change request for Anne to send out
      • View Calvin's document here
    7. Wayne to forward STU Extension request by the PHER WG for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) pulse oximetry screening results, Release 1 to EC for consideration
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    1. STU Publication Request by the PHER WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® Release 2 Implementation Guide: Vital Records Death Reporting, Release 1 STU 2 - US Realm at Project Insight 859 and TSC Tracker 13748
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. from Tony: a substantive change approved during ballot reconciliation was not applied to V2.9 Chapter 2.A section 2.a.75. We could apply to V2.9 after ballot closing, but this would force a new ballot in January 2017. InM is therefore requesting an extension of the ballot period for 30 days from the posting of the updated material.
      • Motion by Tony (on behalf of V2 Publishing and InM): extend ballot closing date on Version 2.9 ballot to September 20 (from September 5) to allow for patching the content on the ballot.
  5. Discussion topics:
    1. Review Out of Cycle Meeting Request form
      • ACTION: Anne to ask if an agreement/SOU has to be in place for a WG to hold an official OOC or joint meeting with another organization
        • Anne checked with Karen, who responded that an SOU does not have to be in place.
  6. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Revised ballot process PSS - still need T3SD approval, requirements
    2. Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process
    3. FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame
    4. Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting
    5. September agenda
      • EST/Tooling Update
      • FHIR Normative ballot issues

Minutes

  1. Housekeeping
  2. Review action items
    1. Ken to send final Mission and Charter Review Checklist to steering divisions for use in review process here. SD cochairs can make a tracker item and upload checklists into the tracker.
    2. Paul to update process for order of PSS review with suggestions from 2017-08-07 call
      • WEDI project example discussed; Paul and Lorraine will do some investigation and come back
      • US Realm placement in order discussed. Melva states Changes made to scope statement due to parallel nature sometimes requires herto re-send to steering division.
      • Re-Sequence depends on the type of change
      • Wayne notes that on-line review would help that - most recent version always online and changes notified to review groups.
      • Ken summarizes this would make TSC Review #4 and SD Review #3 out of the parallel stream; Paul moves and Melva seconds approval. Approved sequence is:
      • Proposed Approval Order for PSSs
        1. Work Group review – ensures it meets project, WG and organizational needs.
        2. Administrative review – in parallel
          • Family Management Group – ensure it meets Family requirements
          • (If US Realm) USRSC – ensure it meets US Realm needs
        3. Steering Division – ensure it meets: content completeness; work group scope; other work group co-sponsors and interest groups; and, organizational needs
        4. TSC review
          • Optionally ARB and/or SGB review recommendations to TSC
          • TSC decision
      • Wayne would like to set expectations on what these cycles should take in time
      • Paul will send to PSC who owns the PSS.
    3. Melva to put together notes on existing WG review meeting with Jean, John, and Calvin - Melva will post notes from their review of low hanging fruit
    4. Calvin to put together recommendations on FHIR naming issue - no report, regrets today
    5. Austin to report back on ballot reconciliation sync project by September WGM - no report, regrets today
    6. Calvin to resubmit powerpoint on ballot level change request for Anne to send out
      • View Calvin's document here
    7. Wayne to forward STU Extension request by the PHER WG for HL7 Version 2.6 Implementation Guide: Critical Congenital Heart Defects (CCHD) pulse oximetry screening results, Release 1 to EC for consideration - complete
  3. Discussion topics:
    1. Review Out of Cycle Meeting Request form
      • ACTION: Anne to ask if an agreement/SOU has to be in place for a WG to hold an official OOC or joint meeting with another organization
        • Anne checked with Karen, who responded that an SOU does not have to be in place.
      • Needed to review in terms of co-branded events. Need to include request
      • Motion:Paul moves, Melva seconded approval of document and send to EC for final approval.
        • VOTE: unanimously approved
  4. Approval items for this week:
    1. from Tony: a substantive change approved during ballot reconciliation was not applied to V2.9 Chapter 2.A section 2.a.75. We could apply to V2.9 after ballot closing, but this would force a new ballot in January 2017. InM is therefore requesting an extension of the ballot period for 30 days from the posting of the updated material.
      • Motion by Tony (on behalf of V2 Publishing and InM): extend ballot closing date on Version 2.9 ballot to September 20 (from September 5) to allow for patching the content on the ballot.
        • Paul seconds the motion, unanimously approved.
      • Lynn will make the changes to the ballot package and announcements and Tony will send notice on ballot desktop.
  5. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    1. Revised ballot process PSS - still need T3SD approval, requirements - forwarded to Lloyd with requested changes by Andy
    2. Wayne and Freida working on co-chair handbook update process - in process
    3. FHIR Ballot level issues - waiting for written explanation from Grahame - Grahame still has some requirements work to do
    4. Calvin/Austin will work on pulling out WG relationships and making a mapping for September meeting- no report, regrets today
    5. September agenda
      • EST/Tooling Update
      • FHIR Normative ballot issues
  6. Adjourned at 11:49 PM Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.