2017-03-06 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2017-03-06
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp . Austin Kreisler x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Laura Heerman Langford x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-02-27 TSC Call Agenda
  2. Review action items
    • Wayne to attend PIC meeting regarding ownership of co-chair handbook updates and look at change request process
    • SGB to investigate adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future and come back with recommendation
    • Wayne will draft a definition of interest group to send out for e-vote next week
    • Actions for HL7 Coordination of Care Service (CCS) Functional Model, STU Release 1
      • Freida to write up new Service product type for GOM update
      • John/Melva to follow up with WG regarding reconciliation
    • Actions for BRIDG R2
      • John to get clarification from WG regarding whether or not R2 supersedes R1
    • Lynn will discuss how to track extension metrics with Dave and come back with a recommendation
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion':
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
  5. Approval items for this week:
  6. Discussion topics:
    • GOM Revision Cycle 1701 - Freida
    • New C-CDA Errata Process - Wayne
    • Changes to listserv to display WG in subject field - Wayne
    • SGB discussion regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
    • Steering Division Structure spreadsheet
  7. Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Ken to address STU extensions at the co-chair dinner

Minutes

  • Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
      • No additions
    • Approve Minutes of 2017-02-27 TSC Call Agenda
      • Minutes approved via general consent
  • Review action items
    • Wayne to attend PIC meeting regarding ownership of co-chair handbook updates and look at change request process
      • Ken was asked to put out a note to cochairs at the dinner regarding protecting the ballot items so they are protected for membership requirements. No instructions in the cochair handbook. Handbook will be updated with an attachment explaining the requirements. John notes that cochairs also sometimes forget to upload the reconciliation spreadsheet to the ballot desktop.
      • Wayne and Freida are working on the update process. Nothing to share right now.
    • SGB to investigate adding a category of ballot disposition for items under consideration for the future and come back with recommendation
      • Add to 2017-03-27 TSC agenda
    • Wayne will draft a definition of interest group to send out for e-vote next week
      • Anne will be sending out this week.
    • Actions for HL7 Coordination of Care Service (CCS) Functional Model, STU Release 1
      • Freida to write up new Service product type for GOM update
        • Add for next week - coordinating with Lorraine/Lynn on proposed naming convention for service functional models. Once that is decided upon, the document can be published.
      • John/Melva to follow up with WG regarding reconciliation
        • They did do the reconciliation but didn't upload it to the ballot site. Laura Heerman Langford is on the call and will upload it.
    • Actions for BRIDG R2
      • John to get clarification from WG regarding whether or not R2 supersedes R1
        • Add for net week.
    • Lynn will discuss how to track extension metrics with Dave and come back with a recommendation
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion':
    • Withdrawal Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for HL7 CDA® R2 Implementation Guide: Trauma Registry Data Submission, Release 2 - US Realm at Project Insight 1214 and TSC Tracker 12928
    • Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the DESD for Trauma Registry Data Submission CDA Implementation Guide CDA R2 at Project Insight 1311 and TSC Tracker 12929
      • Freida notes that the WG's score is red in PBS metrics, although the project has some external funding. Austin is concerned that they had done a normative ballot first that is now being withdrawn. Wants to make sure that this isn't a mechanism to ignore input from balloters. Wants to see it written in the new PSS to implement the reconciliation of the previous withdrawn version so the balloters' work isn't lost.
      • MOTION to table these items until Jay or other representative can come to explain rationale and process for how the new project will accommodate comments from the previous ballot and how they will address this risks that forced them into taking this approach: Austin/John
      • VOTE: All in favor
      • ACTION: Anne to invite Jay and the cochairs to next week's call to discuss.
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote:
    • Project Approval Request by the Learning Health System WG of the DESD for Care Team Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight 1317 and TSC Tracker 12923
    • Informative Publication Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 CDA® R2 IG: CCDA Templates for Clinical Notes R1 Companion Guide, Release 1 at Project Insight 1236 and TSC Tracker 12924
    • Project Approval Request by the RCRIM WG of the DESD for Structured Product Labeling (SPL R8) at Project Insight 1314 and TSC Tracker 12925
      • Freida notes that OO has not approved this version as a cosponsor.
        • MOTION that the WG should get approval dates from cosponsors: Paul/Freida
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to send note to RCRIM to give us the date of cosponsor approvals.
    • Project Approval Request by the Vocab WG of the FTSD for Unified HL7 Terminology Governance Process at Project Insight 1306 and TSC Tracker 12926
      • Freida notes that the WG's PBS metrics score was red last time due to several projects having milestone dates in 2016. Paul states he would still be comfortable with them moving ahead, but he will take back a reminder to get those things updated. Austin wonders if we need a place on the form to have rationale for WGs moving forward if they are red.
      • MOTION to approve with the understanding that the SD cochairs will reach out to remind Vocab to have them do the updates for dated projects: Paul/Freida
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • Approval of Protocol Specification Withdrawal Template at TSC Tracker 12927
  • Approval items for this week:
  • Discussion topics:
    • GOM Revision Cycle 1701 - Freida
      • Last week we decided to add a provision in case the chair needs to be replaced. Comments due the 15th. Freida drafted change to define process. Ken had hoped this team would be grooming people to assume leadership roles in other parts of HL7 such as TSC, steering divisions, etc. Need to form a nominating committee in May for TSC. Would be nice to have a mechanism to further develop TSC; need to discuss separately. Freida: We could suggest that people who are interested in running for TSC positions could have a fee waived for the program.
      • ACTION: Wayne will talk to Stan about leveraging what the LDS does for other purposes.
      • ACTION: Anne to add managing membership on TSC moving forward to Madrid agenda
    • New C-CDA Errata Process - Wayne
      • New process will publish both the list of changes to the current version as well as publishing a version with changes applied to make it easier on implementers. Calvin: Is this a pilot, or can this apply to other IGs? Do we want to make this a best practice? Date of changes will be noted on cover sheet. Freida: Implementers would like it as a best practice recommendation.
      • ACTION: Ken will discuss at cochair dinner
    • Changes to listserv to display WG in subject field - Wayne
      • WG acronym will be shown in brackets on subject line as well as the "to" field. Andy: May also provide an option to exclude certain lists from this if they wish. Done on a list by list basis.
    • SGB discussion regarding ballot level change requests - Calvin
    • Steering Division Structure spreadsheet
      • Jean sent it out on Friday. Paul sent edited document as well. Will begin discussion next week.
  • Open Issues List/Parking Lot
    • Ken to address STU extensions at the co-chair dinner

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.