2016-11-07 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-11-07
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick Regrets Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta Regrets Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

  1. Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
    • Agenda review and approval -
    • Approve Minutes of 2016-10-31 TSC Call Agenda
    • FHIR ballot status update
  2. Review action items
    • John Roberts waiting for WG clarity on the issues with Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD of Definition of Negation Requirements for Standards at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12197 – white paper, SAIF conceptual model, or informative document?
    • All to review updated publication request document (updates to unballoted stu update section, plus added page numbers and revision date in footer)
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with T3SD, Jean, Freida, DESD, Giorgio, Austin, and Wayne voting:
  4. Approval items for this week:
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Initial report from SGB and ARB on addressing the issue of separation of concerns
    • Request from eye care professionals for new WG or integration with current WG
    • Report from Paul, Calvin, Melva on requirements for logging issues/comments across standards
    • Continue TSC SWOT Review
    • Revisit PSS for "Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications"
      • TSC reviewed/did not approve because of the following concerns: 1) lack of project facilitator; 2) no co-sponsor approvals. Ken will talk to Dave about being the facilitator. Andy will coordinate with publishing and PIC regarding cosponsoring. ARB will add to their agenda as well.
      • Original issue was CCOW but once that was resolved the issue lost steam
    • Identifying and communicating essential rules (Wayne)
  6. Open Issues List
    • Multi-Year Planning Items

Minutes

  • Housekeeping
    • Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
      • No visitors
    • Agenda review and approval -
      • Approved
    • Approve Minutes of 2016-10-31 TSC Call Agenda
      • Approved via general consent
    • FHIR ballot status update
      • Missing tracker items were discovered
  • Review action items
    • John Roberts waiting for WG clarity on the issues with Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD of Definition of Negation Requirements for Standards at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12197 – white paper, SAIF conceptual model, or informative document?
      • John has provided an updated document for approval
        • MOTION to approve: John/Gora
          • Discussion: Gora notes that some of the work was done in the past. Discussion over giving the WG guidance on this. Group notes that this is pretty standard. Gora says it's going on in his WG - should we send a message to all WGs regarding this? Becomes an issue if TSC decides a project is inappropriate and then a lot of work has already been done. John notes that it's also a problem if appropriate WGs are not included from the start.
        • VOTE: All in favor
          • Continued discussion: Concern that we have a process to get a PSS approved, but we're not encouraging them to get the PSS approved before you get too deep into working on the project. Wayne: Maybe we need some kind of preliminary triage, like a proposal step before we go too deep into the work. Paul: We have that with the PSS-lite, although people aren't widely using it. Gora: We need a defined step called project registration so the intent is established and announced. Freida: If people are not understanding what we have right now, we might have trouble introducing another level and form. Wayne: The form is hard to read. It would help to move it online. Calvin: That would help. We need a new process that is not quite as onerous. Paul mentions using Project Insight. Wayne notes there might be licensing issues but we should look into it. Wayne has been testing this in Confluence. Ken: We would like to see the PSS online; have it more functional so if it's an investigative project.
            • ACTION: Gora to outline a potential process for project announcement/registration. Andy notes that the cochairs list is the place where people are to announce projects, and in fact several were announced last week. Paul: Perhaps we remind at the cochair dinner that announcing on the list is the correct action. Two different use cases we need to address - when there's a new project and when people are looking for a WG to work on the project. Paul: So is the process to create a PSS-lighter? Wayne: We are looking for an adequate process to announce a project to the community. Gora invites others to participate. Paul offers to take a look at what Gora puts together. Melva offers to help as well.
    • All to review updated publication request document (updates to unballoted stu update section, plus added page numbers and revision date in footer)
  • Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with T3SD, Jean, Freida, DESD, Giorgio, Austin, and Wayne voting:
  • Approval items for this week:
    • Laboratory Results Interface Implementation Guide
    • Specimen DAM Update
    • Document Cover Page Template
  • Discussion topics:
    • Initial report from SGB and ARB on addressing the issue of separation of concerns
      • Paul walks group through the document prepared by ARB and SGB. Ken mentions diagram presented by PLA and asks if it was hierarchical. Paul replies that no, it was flow. Wayne: The question is how well is it understood throughout the community - it's about communication, education, awareness. An example was conflicts people may have representing HL7 interests vs. client/employer interests. Paul: The intent is to protect all the parties. Sometimes we put too many hats on a person and they can't wear all those hats with equal quality; can't respond to all masters equally. Wayne: The action is how do we communicate/increase awareness of this?
        • ACTION: Discuss how to communicate on next week's call. Paul asks for people to think about examples of where we see violations of the principle.
    • Request from eye care professionals for new WG or integration with current WG
      • Dr. Boland came forward with a request for a new eye care WG. Rather than do that, we think we'd like to have them do work under another existing WG. Paul notes that FM has been doing the vision resources, so it's good there is someone interested in doing the work. Ken wonders about OO or Patient Care being an appropriate fit. Melva agrees those are logical choices. OO has a lot of cochairs and resources. Ken summarizes that we could start them there and perhaps split them out later. Wayne notes we should have a standard procedure to start new groups out with another WG, and also that we should resurrect user groups.
        • ACTION: Ken will reach out to OO and Patient Care to see if they would be willing to host the WG
  • Adjourned at 12:02 Eastern time

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.