2016-10-31 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-10-31
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm Regrets Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta x Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-10-24 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
    • Continued discussion of Project Approval Request by the HSI WG of the T3SD for FHIR Document Sharing at Project Insight 1231 and TSC Tracker 12284
      • MOTION: We request that the WG modify their Mission and Charter to include the fact that they do not sponsor projects with ballotable artifacts: Wayne/Paul
    • John Roberts waiting for WG clarity on the issues with Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD of Definition of Negation Requirements for Standards at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12197 – white paper, SAIF conceptual model, or informative document?
    • All to review updated publication request document (updates to unballoted stu update section, plus added page numbers and revision date in footer)
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 5/0/0:
  6. Approval items for this week:
  7. Discussion topics:
    • 2017 PSS Update - need input from TSC (Freida)
    • Initial report from SGB and ARB on addressing the issue of separation of concerns
    • Report from Paul, Calvin, Melva on requirements for logging issues/comments across standards
    • Continue TSC SWOT Review
    • Revisit PSS for "Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications"
      • TSC reviewed/did not approve because of the following concerns: 1) lack of project facilitator; 2) no co-sponsor approvals. Ken will talk to Dave about being the facilitator. Andy will coordinate with publishing and PIC regarding cosponsoring. ARB will add to their agenda as well.
      • Original issue was CCOW but once that was resolved the issue lost steam
    • Identifying and communicating essential rules (Wayne)
  8. Open Issues List
    • Multi-Year Planning Items

Minutes

  • Agenda review and approval -
    • No additions
  • Approve Minutes of 2016-10-24 TSC Call Agenda
    • Minutes accepted via general consent
  • Review action items
    • Continued discussion of Project Approval Request by the HSI WG of the T3SD for FHIR Document Sharing at Project Insight 1231 and TSC Tracker 12284
      • Tabled MOTION: We request that the WG modify their Mission and Charter to include the fact that they do not sponsor projects with ballotable artifacts: Wayne/Paul
        • If they do change their mission and charter, it doesn't come back to TSC for review, and TSC should review. Do we know what the will of the committee or the intent of the cochairs is? Wayne: It's not clear in the M&C that they're not allowed to create standards. It's not documented anywhere and should be clarified.
      • MOTION to re-open the motion: Freida/Paul
      • VOTE: All in favor
      • VOTE on the motion: T3SD abstains. Remaining in favor.
      • SD cochairs will take this issue back to WG
  • Discussion topics:
    • 2017 PSS Update - need input from TSC (Freida)
      • TSC suggested there should be review/approval by at least one affiliate for universal realm projects. Discussion over how to operationalize. Lorraine notes that affiliate involvement is a high bar. Gora: Perhaps it just has to be more than one realm. Ken: Do we want to hold up a project on this basis? Wayne mentions the whole binary structure is odd. Paul: We have affiliates all over the planet that are the realms; US is the only realm without an affiliate. Realm is a jurisdictional space. We don't approve affiliate realm-specific materials. We only approve universal and US items. Who has the authority to determine universal realm? Lorraine: HL7 international develops international content by default. Question over whether we really need additional information on the PSS. Freida: Do we want any clarification in 6.b.? Melva notes that universal applicability can be noted in the needs and scope sections. It's not just implementers that make something universal; sometimes it's requirements. Paul: We're gathering information about applicability; someone from the universal space should be contributing/reviewing.
        • MOTION: Based on this discussion, we do not recommend a change in 2.c., but add the sentence in 6.b. (Universal projects may include representation from more than one realm as defined in section 2.c.). : Freida/Andy
        • Wayne notes that the word "may" makes this optional. We should ask people for additional information.
        • MOTION withdrawn by Freida.
        • MOTION to add instructions to provide justification of realm selection in 6.b.: Wayne/Gora
        • VOTE: All in favor
  • Adjourned at 11:57 a.m. Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.