2016-10-17 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-10-17
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin Regrets Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters x Russ Hamm Regrets Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-10-10 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
    • John Roberts waiting for WG clarity on the issues with Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD of Definition of Negation Requirements for Standards at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12197 – white paper, SAIF conceptual model, or informative document?
    • Tony will check with Brian on the communications plan for the potential change to V2 proposal submissions from web site to GForge.
    • Anne to send questions back to WG from ARB on Unballoted DSTU Update Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Quality Data Model (QDM)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1 – US Realm – DSTU Release 1.4 at Project Insight 756 and TSC Tracker 12221
      • Issue is that WG did not provide information regarding the type and breadth of update
      • Update from WG: "The update removes the QDM templates for Risk Category Assessment, and for Functional Status, Performed, Recommended and Ordered. And it substitutes two general templates for Assessment, Performed and Assessment, Recommended. That is the full extent of the template changes to be consistent with US Domain Quality Data Model (QDM) changes. Basically, the Functional Status, Performed and Functional Status, Recommended templates were reused to be general observation templates to accommodate the change. It is a relatively minor change."
  5. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for FHIR-based context-aware knowledge retrieval (infobutton on FHIR) at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12257
      • Referred for lack of approval dates - resolved
      • Referred by Giorgio: "I’d like to have further clarifications on the Universal scope of this project where most of the references seem to be US specific (Infobutton, Meaningful use; RxNorm …)"
    • Project Approval Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for International Patient Summary Template at Project Insight 1087 and TSC Tracker 12274
      • Referred by Freida: It’s a collaboration with multiple SDOs and Governments per 6.a., but not jointly copyright. PSS states in section 6.a “Collaborating parties will have access to all project materials.“ Do we need an IP waiver so collaborating parties have immediate access when published?
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with Freida, Jean, T3SD, DESD, Austin, Giorgio, and ARB voting:
  7. Approval items for this week:
  8. Discussion topics:
    • Initial report from SGB and ARB on addressing the issue of separation of concerns
    • Report from Paul, Calvin, Melva on requirements for logging issues/comments across standards
    • TSC SWOT Review
    • Revisit PSS for "Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications"
      • TSC reviewed/did not approve because of the following concerns: 1) lack of project facilitator; 2) no co-sponsor approvals. Ken will talk to Dave about being the facilitator. Andy will coordinate with publishing and PIC regarding cosponsoring. ARB will add to their agenda as well.
      • Original issue was CCOW but once that was resolved the issue lost steam
  9. Open Issues List

Minutes

  1. Agenda review and approval -
  2. Approve Minutes of 2016-10-10 TSC Call Agenda
    • Minutes accepted through general consent
  3. Review action items
    • John Roberts waiting for WG clarity on the issues with Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD of Definition of Negation Requirements for Standards at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12197 – white paper, SAIF conceptual model, or informative document?
      • Facilitator is working on the issue
    • Tony will check with Brian on the communications plan for the potential change to V2 proposal submissions from web site to GForge.
      • Add for next week
    • Anne to send questions back to WG from ARB on Unballoted DSTU Update Request by the CQI WG of the DESD for HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Quality Data Model (QDM)-based Health Quality Measure Format (HQMF), Release 1 – US Realm – DSTU Release 1.4 at Project Insight 756 and TSC Tracker 12221
      • Issue is that WG did not provide information regarding the type and breadth of update
      • Update from WG: "The update removes the QDM templates for Risk Category Assessment, and for Functional Status, Performed, Recommended and Ordered. And it substitutes two general templates for Assessment, Performed and Assessment, Recommended. That is the full extent of the template changes to be consistent with US Domain Quality Data Model (QDM) changes. Basically, the Functional Status, Performed and Functional Status, Recommended templates were reused to be general observation templates to accommodate the change. It is a relatively minor change."
        • MOTION to approve: Lorraine/Melva
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • Second issue: Need to expand the document so they can include more information regarding the update and review process. In review process section they should summarize what kind of change and scope of update. Guidance document states you should update the PSS to describe the scope of the change. We need that information to determine if the review process was adequate.
        • MOTION to expand STU update section with two sub-bullets: 1) Describe the change and 2) What review process was followed: Lorraine/Paul
        • Amendment by Freida to add hyperlink to guidance document; Ken asks that page numbers and revision date be added in the footer
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to make adjustments and put in Update from TSC
  4. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD for FHIR-based context-aware knowledge retrieval (infobutton on FHIR) at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 12257
      • Referred for lack of approval dates - resolved
      • Referred by Giorgio: "I’d like to have further clarifications on the Universal scope of this project where most of the references seem to be US specific (Infobutton, Meaningful use; RxNorm …)"
        • Wolters Kluwer is listed as an International implementer. Discussion that InfoButton seems inherently US-based; questioning whether this is really a universal project. Melva states we should go back to WG to ask for specific examples of international participation. Lorraine agrees that we should check on their intention. NIB schedule is a week out.
        • MOTION to approve the PSS but we clarify its realm until we receive feedback from the WG: Paul/Lorraine
        • Lorraine: Amends that we want to sort out the realm status before the ballot announcement goes out.
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to touch base with WG and Lynn on the issue
    • Project Approval Request by the Structured Docs WG of the SSD-SD for International Patient Summary Template at Project Insight 1087 and TSC Tracker 12274
      • Referred by Freida: It’s a collaboration with multiple SDOs and Governments per 6.a., but not jointly copyright. PSS states in section 6.a “Collaborating parties will have access to all project materials.“ Do we need an IP waiver so collaborating parties have immediate access when published?
        • Two independent projects with common intent. Are the two projects creating a specification for the same purpose, or different? Giorgio: Covers different aspects. No formal relationship; each project feeds the other.
        • MOTION to accept project with suggestion to WG that they should evaluate the IP issues before they publish: Giorgio/Freida
        • VOTE: all in favor
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Initial report from SGB and ARB on addressing the issue of separation of concerns
      • Add to next week. Joint call will occur this afternoon
    • Report from Paul, Calvin, Melva on requirements for logging issues/comments across standards
      • Add to next week; scheduling call
    • TSC SWOT Review
      • Wayne suggested simplification of HL7 isn't here; could be a weakness or an opportunity. John: Strengths and weaknesses exist now; opportunities and threats are in the future. Complexity exists currently as a weakness; simplification exists as an opportunity.
      • Made edits (marked new) on SWOT but need to come back next week to wordsmith
    • Revisit PSS for "Revise Process to Withdraw Protocol Specifications"
      • TSC reviewed/did not approve because of the following concerns: 1) lack of project facilitator; 2) no co-sponsor approvals. Ken will talk to Dave about being the facilitator. Andy will coordinate with publishing and PIC regarding cosponsoring. ARB will add to their agenda as well.
      • Original issue was CCOW but once that was resolved the issue lost steam
        • Add for next week
  6. Open Issues List

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.