2016-06-20 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to: navigation, search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-06-20
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick x Lorraine Constable Regrets Giorgio Cangioli x Freida Hall, GOM Expert
. . . . Woody Beeler, TSC Member Emeritus
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Russ Hamm x Calvin Beebe x Andy Stechishin
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Gora Datta . Sandra Stuart
. . . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .


. . . . .

Agenda

Housekeeping

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2016-06-13 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Notices
    • July 4 TSC Call is Cancelled
    • iOS10 to support HL7 messages - Andy
  5. Review action items
    • Paul to ask FHIR and Publishing what the publishing process would look like for FluentPath
    • Update from TSC Nomination Committee
    • Begin work on multi-year planning items discussed at WGM:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation: Melva, Jean
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - initial call scheduled for 6/21
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
  6. Approval Items with Followup from Previous Weeks:
    • Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • John Roberts will go back to the CIC WG with issues
    • Project Approval Request by the SOA WG of the FTSD of Privacy, Access and Security Services (PASS) Healthcare Audit Services Conceptual Model at Project Insight 1264 and TSC Tracker 10108
      • FMG reviewed/approved on 6/15 call; ready for TSC vote
    • Normative Publication Request by the Security WG of the FTSD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Healthcare (Security and Privacy) Access Control Catalog, Release 3 at Project Insight 1157 and TSC Tracker 10122
      • Referred by Freida: They used the old template and request a publication name different than the ballot title.
      • Referred by Giorgio: It is not clear to me the fact that it is asserted “Substantive Changes Since Last Ballot?” YES, my understanding was that “Any substantive change shall necessitate a subsequent normative ballot of the same content;” Is it a typo ?
  7. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
  8. Approval items for this week:
  9. Discussion topics:
    • Request from GOC to approve TSC emeritus positions as ad hoc members - Freida
    • Update on FluentPath publishing issue - Paul, Andy, Wayne
    • Report on HQ change from DSTU to STU - Lynn
    • Questions/comments on move of TSC Guidance content from wiki to HL7.org - one comment so far from Andy
  10. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  11. Open Issues List

Minutes

Housekeeping

  1. Agenda review and approval -
    • Approved
  2. Approve Minutes of 2016-06-13 TSC Call Agenda
    • Approved via general consent
  3. Notices
    • July 4 TSC Call is Cancelled
      • Group agrees to cancellation
    • iOS10 to support HL7 messages - Andy
      • Andy reports that Apple has added low level support for CDA documents into their healthcare framework. Sometime around early 2017, Apple devices will have CDA document support. Discussion over whether HQ tweeted this issue on June 16. More communications will be forthcoming.
  4. Review action items
    • Paul to ask FHIR and Publishing what the publishing process would look like for FluentPath
      • Add update for next week
    • Update from TSC Nomination Committee
      • Have candidates for every position. John to send candidates to Anne and Karen for voting prep.
    • Begin work on multi-year planning items discussed at WGM:
      • Simplification of location of meeting notifications, minutes, agendas, and other documentation: Melva, Jean
        • Update next week
      • Evaluate WG/SD structure: Melva, John, Russ
        • Update next week
      • Evaluate opportunities for member/non-member engagement: John, Lorraine, Russ w/Anne assisting
        • Update next week
      • Standards organization hierarchy: John
        • John to touch base with Ken regarding goals
      • Standards sharing across realms: Jean, Giorgio
        • Update next week
      • Standardization of processes across WGs: Sandy, Melva, Ken, Tony, w/Anne assisting - initial call scheduled for 6/21
        • Update next week.
        • Gora states that Mobile Health is working on some new standards that are different than our typical standards. Looking at templates for how they should be doing things. Discrepancies identified from a publishing standpoint. Document in question is to help Mobile Health document their documentation of a standard which is evolving - not a straight cookie cutter copy of existing standards. Question is if it is of value to other WGs.
        • ACTION: Anne to add to 6/27 call "HL7 documentation formats across standards families" with Gora leading.
      • Strategy for PSS management throughout the lifecycle: Jean, Calvin, Dave, EST
        • Update next week
  5. Approval Items with Followup from Previous Weeks:
    • Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of the DESD of Common Clinical Registry Framework Domain Analysis Model at Project Insight TBD and TSC Tracker 10051
      • John Roberts will go back to the CIC WG with issues
        • John did so but they have not responded.
        • ACTION: Revisit for next week
    • Project Approval Request by the SOA WG of the FTSD of Privacy, Access and Security Services (PASS) Healthcare Audit Services Conceptual Model at Project Insight 1264 and TSC Tracker 10108
      • FMG reviewed/approved on 6/15 call; ready for TSC vote
        • ACTION: Resend for e-vote
    • Normative Publication Request by the Security WG of the FTSD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Healthcare (Security and Privacy) Access Control Catalog, Release 3 at Project Insight 1157 and TSC Tracker 10122
      • Referred by Freida: They used the old template and request a publication name different than the ballot title.
      • Referred by Giorgio: It is not clear to me the fact that it is asserted “Substantive Changes Since Last Ballot?” YES, my understanding was that “Any substantive change shall necessitate a subsequent normative ballot of the same content;” Is it a typo?
        • MOTION by Freida to retitle the document " Version 3 Standard: Healthcare (Security and Privacy) Access Control Catalog, Release 3" instead of the requested publication name. Second by Melva.
        • VOTE: All in favor
        • ACTION: Anne to follow up regarding the naming issue and add question regarding substantive change issue
  6. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the CQI WG of the DESD of Harmonization of Health Quality Information Models - FHIR at Project Insight 1025 and TSC Tracker 10188
      • Referred by Freida: CIMI Archetypes is added under Products (not an existing product), does it need to be added to the PSS in future?
    • Revised Project Approval Request by the Patient Care WG of the DESD of CIMI Model Proof of Concept] at Project Insight 1253 and TSC Tracker 9950
      • Referred by Freida: CIMI models & analysis is listed under Products (not an existing product), does it need to be added to the PSS in future?
        • Similar issue on both items. Who makes the decision to add it to the PSS? Is it SGB? ARB? Lorraine: It's not a new product to CIMI but it is somewhat a new product to HL7. ARB is cosponsoring one of the projects. Agreement to move the projects forward. Not ready to add to scope statement. ARB should let project services and TSC know when/if it's time to do so.
        • MOTION by Freida to approve both projects; Wayne seconds.
        • VOTE: all in favor
  7. Approval items for this week:
  8. Discussion topics:
    • Request from GOC to approve TSC emeritus positions as ad hoc members - Freida
      • MOTION by Freida to make the TSC Emeritus position and ad hoc member with vote. Ken asks if that creates a limit on the term for emeritus? Freida says yes. Ken is concerned that if we have to re-vote him in every two years, that's not really an emeritus role. Paul supports having a vote as well as perpetual membership. Gora: Can we have more than one emeritus position? Freida: The board has more than one emeritus position. TSC would vote them in so TSC would control number.
        • Freida will go back to GOC with question regarding perpetuity of membership for Emeritus.
        • Also looking at places in the GOM where we don't provide instruction on removal from office. No definition for TSC chair. Proposed language has been drafted which Freida will share if asked.
    • Paul: FMG is still wrestling with custom resources. Should final decision come to TSC? Question is what pieces we manage and which we don't. Wayne: We need more information; thought it was related to the registry project. Business, political, and technical ramifications. TSC would likely give guidance to EC for decisions.
      • ACTION: Add to future call for updates from Paul,
    • Update on FluentPath publishing issue - Paul, Andy, Wayne
      • Add to next week
    • Report on HQ change from DSTU to STU - Lynn
      • Add for next week
    • Questions/comments on move of TSC Guidance content from wiki to HL7.org - one comment so far from Andy
      • Access to steering division pages on TSC wiki. Only way to access the pages is to follow a link to HL7.org. Ken asks for suggestions? Andy suggests putting links to the steering divisions back on the main TSC wiki.
      • ACTION: Anne to take to Tamara for addition back to the TSC wiki page
  9. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  10. Open Issues List

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.